Opening of the new Jewish Public Library of Montréal.
In 1953, the Jewish Public Library opened the doors on its new facility at 4499 Avenue de l'Esplanade. The library was founded in small, rented, cold-water flat in the same neighbourhood, eventually moving to a three-storey mansion at 4099 de l'Esplanade. The new facilities took over a decade to complete.
Source : Jewish Public Library. Collection Photographies Historiques, PR001786.