Steady growthThe first facilities erected at the Garden in 1932 were an administration building, a boiler house and a greenhouse - the bare essentials!
Production and exhibition greenhouses came later, and were officially opened in 1956 to mark the Botanical Garden's 25th birthday. In those days, a paved road separated the main building and the greenhouses.
It wasn't until the whole building was renovated in 1994 that the reception greenhouse was built, linking the building with the ten exhibition greenhouses.
Jardin botanique de Montréal (Archives)