1700 A large contingent of colonists join the Decarie brothers and work to develop the land in the Saint-Laurent, Notre-Dame de Liesse, Saint-François and Bois-Franc Costes.
1702 Construction of the first chapel in the Parish of Saint-Laurent. The Rockland Shopping Centre now stands on its original location.
1720 (September 20) Canonic erection of the Saint-Laurent Parish. François Seré becomes the first parish priest.
1722 On March 3, a court order establishes the parish boundaries. These include the Saint-Michel and Saint-Laurent Costes and half of the two ranges of Coste Notre-Dame des Vertus. Coste Notre-Dame de Liesse would be served by means of a mission. At this time, 29 homes stand on Saint-Laurent territory.
1728 Construction of a stone church begins on Montée Saint-Laurent, the current site of the church of Saint-Laurent.