Canada Stove & Furniture Company Ltd (1913),
Gurney Foundry Company Ltd,
Following negotiations with the City, Canada Stove & Furniture Company Ltd reached an agreement stipulating that it would be exempted from paying property taxes for a period of 25 years on condition that it hire workers from Saint-Laurent. The plant opened on April 10, 1913 and manufactured stoves, furnaces and other metal objects.
In 1916, the company transferred its rights and responsibilities to the Canada Stove & Foundry Company Ltd. In turn, the latter transferred its rights and responsibilities to the Gurney Foundry Company Ltd. in 1920. Thanks to the proximity of the railway which facilitated the transportation of goods, Gurney Foundry evolved and the company participated fully in the City's economic development. A few years later it became Tappan-Gurney Ltd.