Following the canonic erection of the Saint-Laurent Parish in 1720 and the blessing of the chapel on October 1st that same year, Brittany Sulpician François Seré (1680-1722) became the first Parish priest of Saint-Laurent. He left his duties as priest of Longueuil to join the new parish.
This one was originally managed by the Fathers of Saint-Sulpice. In 1789, secular priests took over. When Father Jean-Baptiste Gaultier aka Saint-Germain passed away in 1863, an agreement between the latter and Mgr Bourget transferred responsibility of the parish to the Fathers of Sainte-Croix. Below is the list of priests who headed the parish since it was founded.