Philippe Robitaille was one of the first franchisees of Coste Notre-Dame de Liesse to be offered land. He settled on a lot located near the north side of Coste Saint-Laurent (today Métropolitaine Autoroute) in 1700. Five children were born to him and his wife, Marie-Madeleine Warren. However, none of them settled in Saint-Laurent.
It was not until the end of the 18th Century that Pierre Robitaille, a native of Quebec City, settled in Saint-Laurent. He is the true ancestor of the Robitaille family in Saint-Laurent. Philippe Robitaille married first in 1791, to Marie-Angélique Gauthier, who passed away shortly after. He then married his second wife, Thérèse Grou, with whom he settled in Coste du Bois-Franc.
Among their descendants were Leopold and Rémi Robitaille, who were parish councillors (from 1944 to 1950 and from 1943 to 1947 respectively), as well as Charles Robitaille, who held different positions in the City, mainly as industrial commissioner and general manager of the Corporation de développement économique.
Robitaille street was named in honour of one of the oldest families in Saint-Laurent.