A few chapters in history

A few chapters in history

Saint-Laurent shares its name with the great river baptized by Jacques Cartier who sailed the waterway on August 10, 1535, which was the birth date of Saint-Laurent.

The Sulpicians christened the country road running from east to west at the centre of the Island at the site of today's Métropolitaine Autoroute, Coste Saint-Laurent. As the new hub grew, the name Saint-Laurent was given to the parish, the village, the parish municipality (1845), and lastly, the city, when it was incorporated in 1893.

Saint-Laurent Parish and Church

Centre hospitalier de Saint-Laurent

Pères de

Compagnons de Saint-Laurent

Collège de

City Halls

Railway and tramway

STM Archives

Coat of arms

of the City

Musée d'art de Saint-Laurent

Annexions of the territory

© 2001-2013 All rights reserved, Ville de Montréal
777 boulevard Marcel-Laurin, Saint-Laurent (Québec) H4M 2M7
Tel. : (514) 855-6000 Fax : (514) 855-5709